Adding Products (Including Barcodes)
- Got to the Products icon at the top of the page (or press F2 on the keyboard)
- Select Add Product from Product Options.
- The first tab is General. Under Product ID, assign the Product an I.D number. This can be either a sequential number pattern, or you can enter the barcode attached to the product itself (whether you have a scanner or not, this is a good way to track your items and means if you add a barcode scanner in the future, your products are already set up).
- Untick the 'Automatically suggest next ID when adding' if you are using barcodes for your Product ID.
- Now assign a Description, Make, Category and Size for the product.
- Under Pricing, set the Wholesale Price of the product and then the Retail Price of the product too.
- Under Miscellaneous, you need to add the Quantity In Stock of that product. If this product is also used as a backbar product, you can assign that here also. Also, make sure the product is set to Apply VAT to this product if required.
- Finally, you can add a Supplier if you are going to be setting up ordering through your Salon Iris system.
- Once done, click Save and Add Another to carry on adding products, click Save if you are done for now, or click Cancel to revert anything you have done and exit this screen.